Podcast: Procurement and the Road to Recovery
Listen to our latest podcast, The Road to Recovery, recorded with ARUP, where our director of operations, Adrian Hill, discusses the innovation we've seen across the industry in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, and the role of best practice procurement in kickstarting the economy as we move into the acceleration phase.
In this session, Adrian explores:
- How construction has adapted to social distancing measures and CLC guidelines - As Adrian puts it, how they have demonstrated they can and have responded to challenges
- Operational efficiencies and welfare approaches that have been implemented - reviewing what "the new normal" means
- Accelerated innovation through the use of technology to increase productivity
- EU regulations and what the future of procurement might look like post-Brexit
- Procurement and, in particular, public sector procurement's role in stimulating economic growth after the pandemic
- The importance of value-based procurement strategies
- Opportunities for future partnerships that support public sector long-term investment needs
It is likely that the government are going to use the public sector as the catalyst for economic recovery. I think they will be encouraging the public sector to use construction for that, and would hope to see them building in climate and sustainable thinking to design.
Director of operations
At SCAPE, we believe that having strong, robust and compliant procurement strategies in place, which use frameworks as the vehicle for delivery when they deliver best value on a project, will play a key role in spring-boarding the economy back onto a positive trajectory. Any procurement which centres around collaboration, a holistic approach to value for money that is not just centred on cost, and shared, positive outcomes for the client, contractor and the community including those engaged in the supply chain will support positive economic growth.
Related News & Blogs
TeamSCAPE win at National Social Value Awards 2021
We’re thrilled to receive the Framework Leadership Award at the 2021 National Social Value Awards....
SCAPE becomes first framework provider to join Good Homes Alliance
SCAPE has become the first UK framework provider to join the Good Homes Alliance (GHA), underlining...