Robertson awarded Platinum status by Zero Waste Scotland
Since joining the Scottish Government backed Zero Waste Scotland scheme in 2019, Robertson, our delivery partner for SCAPE Scotland Construction, has demonstrated significant progress by delivering against the scheme’s requirements for bronze, silver and gold pledge levels before recently receiving platinum accreditation.
Robertson was required to demonstrate the positive actions undertaken to improve its resource efficiency across the business, key activities included:
- Launching a Responsible Business Policy and video
- Engaging employees with resource efficiency training workshops, delivered by Home Energy Scotland
- Starting an office sustainability working group
- Supporting a recycling campaign which focused upon recycling crisp packets on-site, with proceeds supporting Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance
- Benchmarking environmental performance for waste, energy water and carbon
- Issuing monthly Responsible Business Board reports, helping ensure that sustainability and resource efficiency are considered at all levels
- Establishing a Board level Responsible Business leadership group, ensuring that senior leaders take ownership and provide strategic leadership for responsible business initiatives
- Sharing experiences around Responsible Business activity with other groups and businesses
I’m delighted that we’ve been recognised by Zero Waste Scotland for the progress Robertson has made around Responsible Business in recent years. Teams and individuals across the businesses have embraced and implemented new initiatives which help strengthen our position as a sustainable and responsible business.
Head of sustainability, Robertson
The evidence submitted by Robertson to support a platinum pledge is really good and demonstrates that Robertson has been very active in resource efficiency areas in recent months. I would like to send my praises on to the team about how impressive this all is. I hope this continues to develop and helps the business continue to progress.
Analyst consultant, Zero Waste Scotland
Related News & Blogs
Reflecting on 2021 #TeamSCAPE
Collaboration has been a key theme throughout 2021, not only across TeamSCAPE, but the wider...
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
As part of our ongoing journey to improving diversity and inclusion at SCAPE, we have been working...