Creating a world everyone deserves
The SCAPE Group
Comprising six companies across the built environment, the SCAPE Group was established by the public sector, for the public sector.
About the SCAPE Group
Our mission is to create a world everyone deserves, by empowering the public sector to collaborate with the private sector and create a legacy for local communities.
Wholly-owned by six local authority shareholders, any surplus income we generate is returned to the public sector via our shareholders, each of which are motivated by improving socioeconomic outcomes for local communities.
We are a public sector organisation, dedicated to creating spaces, places and experiences that leave a sustainable legacy for your community.
Our companies are all committed to delivering value for money for the public sector, and making an impact via the built environment:
- SCAPE provides consultancy, civil engineering, and construction frameworks for the public sector in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- SCAPE Scotland provides consultancy, civil engineering and construction frameworks for the public sector in Scotland.
- Venture provides built environment frameworks for local authority-owned private companies, charitable bodies, joint venture partnerships and special purpose vehicles.
- Arc Partnership is a joint venture between Nottinghamshire County Council and SCAPE, formed in 2016 to support the council in creating an efficient, safe and sustainable land and property portfolio, and deliver real value together.
- Lungfish Architects is a design-led, award-winning architecture and interior design practice.
- Construction Waste Portal is an anytime, anywhere, digital platform that allows you to predict, plan & prevent construction waste, putting your contribution to the circular economy in the palm of your hand.
Our shareholders are six UK Local Authorities committed to creating lasting legacies in their local communities:
- Derby City Council are ambitious for Derby – working together with city, for the city in their 2022-2025 plan.
- Derbyshire County Council key priorities are resilient, healthy and safe communities; high performing, value for money and resident focused services; effective early help for individuals and communities; and a prosperous and green Derbyshire.
- Gateshead Council are focused on making Gateshead a place where everyone thrives, and have 5 key focus areas: putting people and families at the heart of everything they do; tackling inequalities, so people have a fair chance; supporting communities to support themselves and each other; investing in the Gateshead economy to provide sustainable opportunities for employment, innovation and growth; and working together and fighting for a better future for Gateshead.
- Nottingham City Council has several high-level outcomes for Nottingham covering People, Neighbourhoods, and the City. These include: a child-friendly Nottingham; living well in our communities; green, clean and connected communities; better housing; safer Nottingham; to be carbon neutral by 2028; keeping Nottingham working and moving; improving the City Centre; and serving people well.
- Nottinghamshire County Council aim to deliver a healthy, prosperous, green Nottinghamshire, and have set out a series of visions and ambitions for 2021-2031. These include: improving health and wellbeing in communities; growing the economy and improving living standards; reducing the county’s impact on the environment; and helping everyone access the best of Nottinghamshire.
- Warwickshire County Council's plan covers 2022-2027 and set out three key strategic priorities: for Warwickshire to have a thriving economy and places that have the right jobs, skill, education and infrastructure; to be a county where all people can live their best lives, where communities and individuals are supported to live safely, healthily, happily and independently; and to be a county with a sustainable future which means adapting to and mitigating climate change, and meeting net zero commitments.
Derby City Council's 2022-2025 planAmbitious for Derby - working together with the city, for the city
Derbyshire County Council's 2023-2025 planDelivering value for money and enabling local people and places to thrive
Gateshead Council's strategic approachAiming to make Gateshead a place where there are less people in need of council support and more people are thriving.
Nottingham City Council's 2023-2027 PlanFocussing on people, neighbourhoods, and the city
Nottinghamshire County Council's PlanHealthy, prosperous, green Nottinghamshire
Warwickshire County Council's 2022-2027 PlanMaking Warwickshire the best it can be
Reinvesting in the public sector
Any profit we make across the SCAPE Group is reinvested into our shareholders.
Getting in touch
For any comms, media requests, or PR - our PR & Comms team would love to hear from you.
Starting your career with us
If you're interested in working with us, and joining our mission to create a world everyone deserves, our HR team would love to hear from you.