SCAPE has continued to evolve since its inception 16 years ago and is more than just a public sector procurement organisation. As a team we seek to “create a world everyone deserves”, and this purpose drives every single one of our activities, services, and strategies. Our values and behaviours sit at the heart of how we work together and provide a framework for how we approach our work and working relationships.
We provide an inclusive and engaging work environment being recognised in the Top 100 Best Not-for-profit Companies to work for in 2020 by the Sunday Times Best Companies List. We support, challenge, and continually develop our people to make a significant impact and contribution.
The Communications and PR Lead is a new exciting role that will manage the internal and external communications ecosystem within SCAPE and its subsidiaries (Arc Partnership and Lungfish Architects), ensuring employees are kept informed, engaged and inspired.
About the role
- Responsible for the content ownership and coordination of all internal and external communications with clients and delivery partners.
- Maintain a robust forward plan of communications priorities that are fed by the activities of the wider marketing team.
- Act as the main point of contact with the retained PR agency, ensuring that they are kept fully informed of organisational developments, and provide an inhouse PR service for SCAPE’s subsidiaries to help raise their profile in the local, regional and trade media.
- Manage and deliver regular reporting and measurement of PR activities vs objectives and ROI.
- Deliver our awards strategy, supporting the development of high-quality awards submissions.
- Support the delivery of virtual and in-person events (internal and external), including identifying opportunities for senior leaders and colleagues to speak at industry events.
- Build effective relationships across the business, drawing from expertise in the subsidiaries and functions and within the marketing team to effectively carry out their duties in comms and the PR programme.
- Demonstrable experience in a similar lead communications and PR position, developing and delivering communication strategies and plans.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentational skills with a track record of producing high quality, inspiring and compelling materials across a range of audiences and purposes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate well with a broad range of people, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organise and manage a complex and multifaceted workload using initiative as required.
- Degree or equivalent in relevant subject.
We offer a wide range of employment benefits, initiatives and working arrangements which are aimed at creating a positive working environment in which employees are able to work to their full potential and achieve a healthy work/life balance. These include:
- A competitive salary of circa £34,000, depending on experience.
- Local Government Pension Scheme with a generous employer contribution.
- Private medical insurance for you and your family.
- 25 days’ annual leave, in addition to 8 days statutory bank holiday entitlement.
- Flexible working and a wide range of health and well-being and social activities.
- An exceptional working environment.
To apply for this role, please submit a CV and covering letter setting out how you meet the role requirements by 22 February 2022.