SCAPE has continued to evolve since its inception 15 years ago and is more than just a public sector procurement organisation. As a team we seek to “create a world everyone deserves”, and this purpose drives every single one of our activities, services, and strategies.
Our values and behaviours sit at the heart of how we work together and provide a framework for how we approach our work and working relationships.
We are now looking to recruit two Data Scientists, these are exciting new roles which will support our product, sales, and leadership teams with insights gained from analysing company data.
One position will be working for SCAPE and the other working for Arc Partnership, who are part of SCAPE, a joint venture with Nottinghamshire County Council, offering a range of innovative built environment services.
What the role involves
- Mine and analyse data from company databases to drive optimisation and improvement of product development, and business strategies.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets, and develop processes and tools to monitor and analyse these models on performance and data accuracy.
- Use predictive modelling to increase and optimise customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organisation to identify opportunities for leveraging company data, implement models and monitor outcomes.
What you will bring to the role
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests, and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
What we can offer you
We offer a wide range of employment benefits, initiatives and working arrangements which are aimed at creating a positive working environment in which employees are able to work to their full potential and achieve a healthy work/life balance. These include:
- A competitive salary starting at £45,000 depending on experience.
- Local Government Pension Scheme with a generous employer contribution.
- Private medical insurance for you and your family.
- 25 days’ annual leave, in addition to 8 days statutory bank holiday entitlement.
- Flexible working and a wide range of health and well-being and social activities.
- An exceptional working environment.
If you think this role is a good match for you, then please apply by submitting a CV and covering letter, setting out how you meet the role requirements.