- Lead on the delivery of SCAPE’s Environmental Action Plan with responsibility for promoting and ensuring compliance within the SCAPE Environmental Policy.
- Engage with local, national and international organisations to promote SCAPE and its values and learn from and influence outcomes for universal benefit.
- Play an active part in Research and Development activities, supporting the R&D of our delivery partners, clients and related organisations, such as the Good Homes Alliance and UKGBC
- Apply specialist environmental subject matter expertise in the periodic evaluation and selection of SCAPE’s framework delivery partners and in other public procurement activity.
- Manage key partnerships, including SCAPE’s activity with the UK Green Building Council and play an active role in key stakeholder management.
- Support peers across the group on performance reporting and analysis; contribute to performance management meetings with delivery partners and delivery teams.
- Working as part of the wider Performance and Improvement function, contribute to the overall growth and success of the SCAPE frameworks and the services of the wider Group in terms of research, data collation, analysis, and reporting.
- Contribute to wider engagement activities such as client seminars, industry events and focus groups, market awareness events and other engagements as required.
The successful candidate will need to be able to travel to our Head Office in Nottingham regularly and to meet with clients and partners across the UK.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of promoting and delivering environmental change in a business context, balancing environmental outcomes with commercial awareness.
- Experience of the construction industry and / or the property / FM industry with a particular focus on building performance and low carbon construction.
- Specialist knowledge in at least one, if not several of the following areas: construction waste management and circular economics, sustainable construction practices, considering retrofit and new build activities, environmental management, energy management and building systems performance, sustainable design, sustainable procurement, and materials sourcing.
- Knowledge of construction procurement and frameworks.
- Excellent communication, oral and written skills with the ability to present technical information and high-quality reports for a range of audiences whilst performing an ambassadorial role for the company with confidence, energy, and enthusiasm.
In return we can offer you:
- A starting salary of £45-50,000 depending on experience which includes private medical healthcare, an annual bonus based on company performance and membership of Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Car Allowance
- 25 days’ annual leave, in addition to 8 days’ statutory bank holiday entitlement
- An exceptional working environment and a friendly welcome to the team.
- Flexible working hours and policies to support your work/life balance.
To apply please submit a CV and a covering letter setting out how you meet the role requirements by 14 May 2021. Further information about Scape can be found at www.scape.co.uk